View Single Post

Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I bought a 6.5" Heritage 24 some years ago from CDNN - for a great price. I had a new 20yr safe-queen 6.5" 24-3 - yuck! The Heritage had a deep blue finish - and a far better trigger - didn't care for the teeny grips, however. The 'new' 24-3 (1983) was in the safe for a reason - it had more QC issues than all of my other S&W's combined. I had to get rid of my blued guns - I got tired of watching them gain 'patina'. I replaced the pair of 6.5" .44 Specials with my all-time-favorite 6" .44 Special... a new 6" 629-6! Gotta admit - the 6.5" Heritage 24 was the prettiest revolver I've ever owned.

Old Navy Submariner,

I was an ETn2 on USS Fulton, AS-11, in New London, CT from '69-'72, the last five months at La Madelina, Italy. I was the Reactor Instrument Shop supervisor/cal tech. We serviced fast attacks - Submarine Sqdrn 10 - included Nautilus and Seawolf - and the two 'still on patrol', which were lost before my time. Never went to sea on a 'boat'.... I like to leave ports and hatches open... somewhat of a no-no there, I suppose.

Stainz