View Single Post

Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingflapjack View Post
The picture of this TV character that was posted looks different than the last time I watched this show, which was several years ago. At that time I seem to remember a longer barreld piece in a non-discript holster that hung almost at 1 o'clock-right out front. If the picture is an accurate depiction of his new setup, I would have to say that I favor it, especially if I were mounted-or sitting down. The nice thing about a slight rearward cant is that it is easily moved to the weak side for cross draw. I use the IWB appendix carry, which is what I seem to see inthe picture, except it is being worn on the outside. An exposed trigger guard means a Tom Threepersons holster or equivalent, which I also favor. Everyone should, in my view, use what he can access with confidence. I seem to remember some of those old photos of Bill The Kid. His revolver position looked kind of funky to me, but, given the oportunity, I'd have passed on trying to reach over to take it away from him. Flapjack.

Throughout the progression of the seasons Reid has changed his look in the most recent season he has shorter hair and wears more stylish clothing. Last time he shot anything other than his Model 65 was season 4 and it was a stander Glock 17 but he still wore it in the same place. I think it would be uncomfortable in when sitting, I think I would also attribute the position of the holster to him not being the most "forceful" person and he wears it that way to show power.