View Single Post

Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Liked 285 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
I am 70 years old and started out with revolvers over 50 years ago. I carried revolvers on my guard jobs over 35 years. While they were only guard jobs I had to qualify as regularly with them as often as most police departments do. I have and still do own autos but I never was as fond or as familiar with them as revolvers. I probley have over two dozzen good DA revolvers to sort through to take with me on my outings. I do a lot of boondocking-trail rideing on our ATV. The gun that go`s with me the most is this old 1953 M&P. It`s as simple as it gets. Light to pack, I dont worry about scratching up my pythons or 27, and it`s this same gun that stays loaded in arms reach in the bed room. The exspendsive safe queens are locked in the safe. I wouldnt be surprised if some study was done and it was found that this gun held the most popular spot for a old time police revolver.

Nice gun!. Years ago, I got my dad a 1971 M-10 like new in the box. He always wanted one (he simply refered to it as "THE .38 Special" or "The old policeman's revolver" as it's what he remembers fondly hanging on the belts of policemen growing up in Jackson, Mississippi and seeing in movies and tv. Everytime I refer to it as "your model 10" he looks at me like "my what?" and then elaborate "your Smith & Wesson .38" LOL!!
I got him a swivel holster on E bay for carry when he goes hiking in the woods. (Looking for a belt slide to hang it on now )