View Single Post

Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opoefc View Post
timtico, Welcome to the Forum. Can you give us more information on the knife. Length? Type? All markings and stampings, and where they are on the knife? More pictures & measurements? Is there a "China" stamp anywhere on the knife? Or any makers name, like "Taylor Cutlery?" I do not find a picture of any similar S&W knife in any of the factory knife catalogs, howeverTtaylor, the company that is licensed to make & sell S&W marked knives, make 1,000 of different designs for S&W to select. Most of them are not accepted by S&W for sale through the factory catalog, so the unselected ones are sold through discount knife dealers, putting 1,000 of knives in the hands of the public that are not S&W "authorized" knives. Very confusing to collectors, and on top of that S&W factory personnel in charge of licensing products, like knives, over the years have often changed and records of what was authorized were discarded, etc. making it very difficult to prove, or disprove, the authenticity of any individual knife. Ed.
Hi, thanks for your reply. The knife is a screenshot from a televisionprogram (Dexter). Indeed I was not able to identify the knife either browsing the catalogues. It could be a non-authorized "fake", and is used in that particular program.

Do you have a good resource where i can get older S&W knife catalogues?