View Single Post

Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanocool View Post
In a previous post or two, I have made reference to my beloved mom and the decline of her health due to cancer and dementia. For the past almost three years since my dad died, I have cared for her as best as she would allow. Always the cheerful and strongly independent woman, she refused my many urgings to move her into our home, insisting to remain on her own in the apartment I rented for her just a block from my house. I brought her supper every night and spent time just talking, cleaning and taking care of her plants.
Over the last couple months she has stopped eating and the hospice nurses caring for her have urged me to admit her to a local hospice house. She flat out shut me down at every mention of this. The past couple weeks have been pure torture as every visit showed her becoming weaker and worse....
Finally yesterday I made the decision to to admit her to a very fine hospice facility and boy was she angry. I had to, she is at the point where she is no longer safe alone between the time we and the nurses are there. The feelings of guilt and relief are battling each other in my mind. Life is good but at times like this, well it can be very stressful.

i know how you feel my mom has alzheimer.. it's hard i take care of my mom while my sister is in a nursing home long story