View Single Post

Old 12-20-2011, 03:11 PM

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Nice pistol there RobG5589.

Well i dont know about bribes, even though that sounds like something that would happen were im from. Plastic is king around here, except with the Highway Patrol. But losing money on the firearms you offer to get government contracts, is common it seems in the Firearm business. Iv heard it said that Fabrique Nationale loses money on there rifles and carbines in government contracts, they make there money off of servicing and replacing the rifles and carbines. But i dont think they sell there rifles and carbines for no $100 to get government contracts no matter how big they are.

If bribes have been taken to get a firearm accepted for a contract, and they probably have, then that is wrong and illegal. Regardless of who the manufacturer is. There is also a question of how much money is a firearms manufacturer willing to lose on a firearm just to get it accepted for a contract.

For me the crying shame is back in the day there where all kinds of different pistols out there in use with the different agencies. Semis, Revolvers, steel, alloy, polymer, S&W, Sig, Beretta, Glock, Ruger, colt and so on, and now it just seems like if it is not semi, made out of polymer, manufacturered by Glock. Then it does not get accepted. Oh well thats life im done whining now.

Last edited by yustinus1973; 12-21-2011 at 01:36 PM.