View Single Post

Old 12-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Liked 124 Times in 41 Posts

I live in Michigan and have been in search of a good vintage S&W gunsmith. My attempts have cost me to say the least. So inlaw says he met this gunsmith and I would like him and he has nice stuff. We head over and get talkin, he tells me hes retired DPD, comp shooter, so on so on. In my mind I think DPD/ hamtramck pretty close and I ask him if he knew of the gunshop Jack Roy's. After a bit of an odd look, He says he walked in to Roys shop some 40+ years ago complaining he wore out his Model 28 and it needed rebuilt. Roy laughed and said those last 2 lifetimes cant be. After examining the worn out fairly new revolver Jack told him if your wearin them out that fast your gonna have to learn to fix em kid. So Jack taught him some tricks of the trade and hes been doin it ever since. I pulled up this thread on my phone and showed him the pics and it brought back alot of memories for him. He notices from the pics he has his basement shop set up almost identical to Jacks. He just finished tuning and cleaning my Model 38 and did a wonderful action job on my pre27. So not to bragg but I think I just got about as close as I'll ever get to the Jack Roy Gunshop. I cant tell ya what a high point this is for me to have commented in this thread back when it began, only to have it somehow find me in real life. Very cool and I would have never known any of it if not for this thread. Thanks to all that brought this to me. Dale
The Following 3 Users Like Post: