View Single Post

Old 12-22-2011, 08:55 PM

Liked 34,214 Times in 3,695 Posts

Last encounter I had with a evil saber toothed rabid infested flying squirrel was not a good one. Was turkey hunting in some big woods in south Arkansas and was sitting next to a big beech tree right at daylight. I was fully camo dressed including a camo head net. I'd noticed several of the vile creatures moving about in a big white oak, when one of them took flight in my direction.

I thought to myself, "self, I hope that vampire rat ain't coming over here." As in slow motion, the little creature was all spread out and sailing in my general direction, getting closer and closer . . . and as I sat mesmerized the durn thing landed on my chest. Scared the living **** out of me. I jumped up and hollered and flailed about like a little girl and as I reached for my holstered .22 pistol it took off down my torso and run down my left leg to about my knee and jumped over to my right knee and headed back up. It's a miracle I didn't trigger off about half a dozen rounds into myself in an attempt to ward off the attack.

After the vicious attack went on for what seemed like hours (probably about 6 seconds) it bailed off onto the beech tree I'd been sitting against, ran up about 8 feet and dropped off into a den hole. I still had sense enough to recall there were several more of those things up in the white oak tree where this one come from and I decided to get the hell out of there before they determined to mount a mass attack.