View Single Post

Old 12-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

I have a FE and a FM along with several other Nikons, including the high end professonal digital models. All are great cameras, especially if you use the Nikkor lens. I use my cameras to make photos displayed as evidence in courts. For many, many years, I used the FE and FM cameras. They can be found for less than $200. I saw a really clean one a few weeks back for $125.

Would I get rid of mine? Nope. Have not used one in about a year and that was just to play with it.

Would I go for digital? Yes, without a doubt. There are too many advantages to using a digital camera. Less cost in developing, printing and such is the main reason.

A person can buy a nice Nikon that will shoot far better photos, or at least as good, than the FE, FM or F4 did.

You can also find a good D1 on eBay for about $400. They were selling for about $5000 a few years back. It is a great professional camera and many have been used only in studio work. This is the direction I would go unless you can write off the purchase as a business expense.