View Single Post

Old 12-25-2011, 06:24 PM

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default I see strange lines!

I've never noticed this before, but inside all the cylinders I see a fine, spiral pattern etched into the cylinder walls. They are not mirror finished! I can't believe I never noticed this before. I pulled my other S&W revolvers, and NONE of them have anything on the inside remotely resembling what I see inside these chambers.

This must be the problem! It's funny, now that the gun is clean, ammo drops in and out no problem. But since those cylinders are not mirror finished, they must get dirty easily and then grab onto the brass, eh?

I know it isn't from using a bore brush because it is a perfect, spiral pattern. And I've brushed other guns way more than this one, and they look smooth. I think we have the reason. I saw some other web sites which talk about polishing the chamber to remove the reamer marks. Has anyone else had S&W revolvers which still had these marks in them?

So what exactly do I tell S&W? That the chambers need polishing and that they should also check them to make sure they are the correct diameter?

It stinks that I need to send this gun back for the THIRD time, but hopefully this will be the last trip back. Clearly this one was a Monday morning or Friday afternoon creation.

Last edited by ShrinkMD; 12-25-2011 at 06:39 PM.