View Single Post

Old 12-26-2011, 07:21 PM

Liked 101 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberiad View Post
I don't see the point of putting either kit in a J-Frame that has already had an action job. I put the Apex kit in an unmodified 442 and it made a big, positive difference. I don't have any way to measure the trigger pull but it's obviously lighter (but not too light) afterward. I used all the Apex parts and polished the rebound slide as described in Apex's video on YouTube.

The Apex firing pin is to ensure reliable ignition. It may or may not be slightly longer than the factory firing pin. If your factory firing pin is the same length as the Apex firing pin it's unlikely the Apex firing pin will make any difference.
Depending on what was done in the action job, the addition of these kits may or may not help alot, I suppose. I do know that on my 442, S&W didn't replace any springs and just cleaned up and polished the action and now, with the Apex parts, it's 9.65 lbs.. I also know that on my 340pd the action job only involved polishing plus replacing the rebound spring which resulted in a 10.14 lb pull. After I installed the 8 lb hammer and 13 lb Wilson springs, it came down to 9.13 lbs..
I believe Apex says unaltered, the J frames are about 12 lbs..