View Single Post

Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 PM

Liked 109 Times in 79 Posts

They are ugly as sin but I an't lookin for purdy.

Called Hogue and they are sending me a stirup kit so I can make these S&W tamer orange grips work. Very nice of Hogue as they didn't even charge me anything. I do think these orange grips are a little tackier feeling than the original black grips but maybe that is because they are new and the finger grooves might be slightly deeper but not much.

The only reason I changed them is I am kind of trying to duplicate the S&W " Emergency Survival Tool Kit " that S&W put out a few years ago. Except instead of the .460 or .500 snubbies I am just using my 629-6 5" gun with some other substituations like orange Tuff products quick strips for ammo, orange Silva compass, and a surefire defender flashlight. The original had neither a place for extra ammo or a flashlight. There will undoubtedly be some other changes like instead of the S&W extreme ops knife I will be using the Doug Ritter orange RSK MK1 survival folder. Trying to keep an orange theme on everything. This is just something to do for the long winter months but I am liking the look of the whole project.

Last edited by team sidewinder; 12-28-2011 at 07:16 PM.