View Single Post

Old 12-29-2011, 02:36 AM

Liked 862 Times in 379 Posts

They way it seems to me, is that 97 percent of the entire K and N Frame products' design, of the 20th Century and now into the 21st, were in place in the Model of 1899 M&P and in the 2nd Model Hand Ejector of 1914.

The advent of the .357 and .44 Magnums hardly represent more than a minute contributution to a Revolver design which already existed, which was at most only very slightly adapted or modified for the more powerful Cartridges.

So if say 97 percent of the present day design was in place by 1899 and 1914 respectively, for the K and N Frames, how big of a deal can we make of the 3 percent which has been added? - while forgetting apparently, that someone or several someones developed the designs in the first place?

Those are the fellows I wish I knew more about...

Otherwise, I am aware of no improvements which are of any material or other value to me, having occurred, since maybe, 1902 for the K Frame, and, since 1914, for the N Frame...other than the improved Metalurgy of the Magnums for their ability to manage the higher pressure Cartridges on a sustained ( rather than incidental ) basis.