View Single Post

Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Liked 2,652 Times in 761 Posts

I recently ordered a Leupold VX-I 2-7x28 rimfire scope from Cabelas, advertised with a sales price of $169 and an instant $20 coupon. They were out of stock but it was marked as "backorderable" so I went ahead and ordered it. I checked the status occasionally and it continually showed "backordered". I initiated an online chat and was told that I WOULD receive the scope; they were just at the end of the season run and would be getting more once the next season production began. Two days later I checked the status again and it showed "CANCELLED". I started another online chat and was told that the first person was misinformed, should not have told me that I would eventually receive the scope, and that they will NOT backorder products once the season production has been exhausted. She could not explain to me why the website indicated "backorderable". I expressed my disappointment and informed her that this was my first and last purchase from Cabelas. She understood my position and asked if there was anything else she could do for me. I said, "No, I have to buy a scope from someone else".

The bright side to the story is that I received a free optics cleaning brush (included with every Leupold scope purchase) and a set of scope rings, to which the $20 coupon had been applied. I think shipping was free so the whole package cost me less than $10. I ended up ordering the scope from Graf & Sons and had it in a few days.