View Single Post

Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 PM

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmongoose View Post
Is it me or is it just my Cabelas store? I had been looking for a specific red dot sight for my carbine. After reading all the reviews & researching for months I finally decided to purchase the one I wanted from Cabelas since they are listed by the manufacturer as being an authorized dealer.

I drove 45 minutes to get there, waited in line to take a number at the firearms/scope counter and then waited some more until they finally called on me… Yes! It was finally my turn.
I told the clerk what I was after and he had no clue as to what I was talking about. I told him I wanted XYZ Red Dot sight Model No. 1234 & he brings me a laser sight & tells me that’s all they have. After I explained what I wanted in detail he tells me he doesn’t think they carry those. I tell him that there is a spot in their display case that mentions the item that I’m seeking. He then tells me that if I don’t see it in the case then they don’t have any. I ask when they may be getting more in & he tells me quickly that he has no idea, and then he shouts NEXT to the guy behind me. I guess he was done with me at this point. This whole conversation lasted about four minutes! I left feeling frustrated. I know they were busy but he could have looked to see if there were any on the shelf behind him at least I would have felt like he tried.

I waited three days & called to see if they had any of the red dots sights come in & they told me yes, they had several. So I drove all the way back down there, got my number ticket @ the firearms/scope counter and waited… again. They finally called my number and I explained what I was after. This clerk didn’t know what I was talking about either. He brought out an eotech magnifier & asked if that was what I was looking for. I said, “no… this is a magnifier. I need the red dot sight.” Again I was presented with a laser sight for a pistol. What the…? He went to ask another clerk for help & while they were getting things figured out I was eves dropping on the customer being waited on next to me by yet another clerk who didn’t know what a Viridian laser sight was. After about two minutes that customer said , “NEVER MIND!:” & walked away from the counter. I could clearly see several Viridian boxes behind the counter on the shelf.

I did finally get what I was after but what a frustrating experience. Are these guys just holiday help or are the firearms clerks clueless about what they sell? Sorry this is long but I had to vent.
Just read this without reading all 85 posts - I'll just add - complain on Facebook and twitter. Ask for compensation (what you make an hour times travel time, time in line, and wasted clerk time) plus comp for frustration!