View Single Post

Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plottman Pops View Post
I'd buy it just to have a 3 digit...the only ones I've ever seen weren't for sale....
Hello
I was at the Louisville, Kentucky show about Four Year's ago, and ran into a Pin Hooker toting a Three digit K-22. It was Rode Hard and put away Hot with corrosion and much bluing loss. The seller wanted $750.00 for it as he emphasized it's three digit serial number. Condition is everything to me, so it's serial number did not weigh in at $750.00 for me and I passed on it, as it reminded me of a Door stop more so than a Collectible K-22 in the condition that is was the owner sure did not have any compassion for it. Less than Three month's later, I was at a Local show here in Knoxville and came onto a Four digit serial number K-22 in it's original box with the tools and Paperwork. After a bit of Haggling, I walked away from the seller's table with it for $500.00 cash and never looked back, as I was stunned at what I actually got it for. The Magna's that came on it are serial numbered to the gun, but I Placed the Diamond Target stocks on it as I Like them better and I am Glad I was Patient and waited for one shown below in much better shape, than the Beat down Three digit gun I had seen prior to finding this one, that was gun only and in Very Poor shape. The Only way I would buy a Three digit serial numbered K-22 is if it was in better shape than this one, and that certainly will not be easy to locate such a gun nor will the sale price of such a gun be as attractive as this one was.