View Single Post

Old 01-02-2012, 12:20 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Khaki holsters for Victory model

I got to thinking about what would be a reasonably correct holster for a 5" barrel Victory model used by British, Australian or New Zealand forces in WWII. Khaki seems to be the most common material, based on what I've seen and read. The Victory was supplied to supplement supplies of the Webley .38/200 Mk IV and the larger Webley Mk VI (.455) revolver. I'm not sure if there were khaki holsters made specifically for the Victory, or if they just stuffed them in the Webley holsters. Times were tough then, I think they just made do.

Without much trouble I acquired two similar khaki models for about $20. each. There is no shortage of these things if you look, and most are in unused condition. I'm not trying to advertise here, just report on these things and whether they fit my Victory. Let me know if I'm out of line.

The top one (with the rounded flap) is Canadian, dated 1942. The bottom one (with the squared flap) is British, dated 1941. They are a blue/grey color rather than tan khaki. The pre-Victory pictured was lettered to 1942.

The Canadian one is the larger of the two. It pretty much swallows up the Victory. It might have been made for the larger Webley .455. You can fit a Colt 1911 in it, but it's a tight fit.

The British one is smaller, and fits the Victory like it was made for it. It's the one I like best. I included more pics of the British one for that reason.

These aren't the kind of holster I'd wear to the range, but they compliment the NZ marked pre-Victory 5" model and the price was right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg both.JPG (86.5 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg brit1.JPG (82.3 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg brit2.JPG (82.8 KB, 335 views)
File Type: jpg brit3.JPG (75.1 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg can1.JPG (79.1 KB, 364 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: