Thread: 640 Pro??
View Single Post

Old 01-02-2012, 07:46 PM

Liked 1,697 Times in 680 Posts

Got mine in November of 11. Been carrying J frames since 1971. This is the best of the best. Dead on POA/POI with BB 158grain LSWCHPs +Ps and the action has been tuned by the Performance center.

Got about 300 rounds of 38s through it so far. My favorite drill is a "hostage drill with a target that shows the bad guys head partially hidden behind the hostages head. Range is 35 feet! Draw or raise weapon from ready position and fire 1 round at the bad guys head in less than 3 seconds. IMO the increased hitability that is inherent to this weapon is found in the excellent combat sights and the tuned action.

Score 23/25 hits on bad guy, the two misses were to the left of either head and no rounds in hostage. I practice this scenario fairly often. I was never that good or confident with the 640, 442-642 series that I've carried before. In fact, it outshoots my Colt DS in this drill, and that's saying a lot.

I have more confidence in this 640Pro than in all the Js I've carried as a Police Officer and retired, which has been a total of 42 years.

CUDO's to Smith and Wesson for this SERIOUS self defense gun.

S