View Single Post

Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Liked 94 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburg View Post
I'm going to try to put this in words. I hope it comes out right.

Ya know, we've been sending 18 year old boys to war for centuries. They've performed well and made us proud. Here we have an 18 year old mother. She was faced with a situation no young person should ever have to face. Some are drawing a parallel with she bears, and how dangerous it is to get between them and their cubs. This is a much worse position to put a young mother in. She just had to face her husband dying of a terrible disease. Now a pair of vultures decided she was easy prey, and decided she'd be a simple target. Boy were they wrong. One got what he deserved. I'm just going to guess the "leader" was the one who learned that a woman with a 12 gauge is nothing to mess with.

We should be honored she did as well as she did under pressure. I wish her nothing but the best for the future.

But she does need help. She's got a ruined couch (he bled out on it) and probably carpet. Who knows how she's going to support herself and her baby. I'm not always ready to jump on every bandwagon and give to every cause. Here's one that to me seems worth. I just hope she and her young son grow up to be fine citizens. God knows her attackers weren't.
I agree. She does need help. If someone took up a collection, I'd be happy to toss in a twenty. I thought I took a bad hit when my mother passed away from MS on the day after Christmas in 2008. This poor girl lost her husband on Christmas Day, then was attacked and was forced to kill a lowlife less than two weeks later. I sincerely hope and pray that God takes some mercy on her and sends her some smoother sailing for a while.