View Single Post

Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Banned

Liked 109 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian894x4 View Post
I didn't mean to suggest that it "needed" be modified, but was just curious if it was.

I was thinking more along the lines of action jobs, and in today's modern warfare environment, would they be modified with night sights or flashlight adapaters or anything like that. Maybe any modifications to make them more friendly in the water...i.e...better sealed up gun..or maybe the opposite, holes drilled to allow it to drain faster.

One thing that I wonder if was changed was grips. I'm not sure how the factory wood grips would do in a salt water environment and if maybe they wanted anything different.

SWAT type teams regularly modify their weapons, or have specific add-ons or toys, so that's where I'm coming from.

I'm curious what kind of holsters they use(d) and how they packed the things plus carrying spare ammo. I probably have a lot questions that answers would not be easy to come by.

Look at what the Customs Office did with the CS-1. The 686 was strong to begin with but they had S&W do the mods THEY thought were important. Wouldn't surprise me if the SEALS did the same type of thing.