View Single Post

Old 01-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Liked 335 Times in 182 Posts

Mine is the one you see in my avatar. This is a P&R Mod.19-2,one of the first three to come to my hometown. There were two nickel and one blued. I purchased the blued one for $90.00 police pricing.the two nickeled ones were also purchased by fellow officers.
Down the road I gave it to my dad to use for awhile and when I got it back after he passed,he had let it develope some slight pittin g and very mild surface rust.
I cleaned it up well but sent it to Robar and had the entire piece refinished in NP3 and a gold bead silver soldered onto the front sight.
I know I destroyed any collector value by doing this,but I am an end user,not a collector,so I don't care. I love it.
It's not going anywhere anyway,and will remain in the family after I'm long gone. I was involved in one shoot with this one at a homocide scene. The miscreant caught an old Winchester lubaloyed semi wadcutter,but survived.
I think I have some more lousy cell phone pics,I'll try to put up. It still gets carry time occasionally.

Last edited by Stu Honea; 01-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.