View Single Post

Old 01-13-2012, 11:44 AM

Liked 559 Times in 260 Posts

LennyLames brought up the many facets of FedEx and reminded me of a problem I had with FedEx Ground. I ordered an RV air conditioner for the truck that weighed well over 100# with packaging. The first one was delivered to the middle of the driveway with a huge dent in the corner of the box where it had obviously been dropped. I was home at the time and he never rang the doorbell. The shipper was great and issued a pickup order for the damaged unit but wouldn't ship a new one until the old one came back. I can understand that. It took several days for the driver's schedule to mesh with mine, but we finally got it shipped. I gave him my cell number and told him that I was expecting another one soon, and to give me a call when he had it. Not only did he not call me, but since the replacement required a signature on delivery, he delivered it to an older, female neighbor. Fortunately, I got home within a few minutes and got it out of her way. There was no way she could have moved it if it had been in her way.

I've said it before: Employers should take advantage of the current unemployment rate and replace those employees that don't really want to do their jobs with some that will.