View Single Post

Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 PM

Liked 1,371 Times in 699 Posts

The scary thing about the critter roungunner posted pictures of is that they are probably smarter than a Coon.

Here's a "clever Coonie" story.

When I first brought Coonie home we kept him in one of those airline type pet cages that have the spring loaded door where you have to squeeze two parts of the latch at the same time to open it. That worked fine for about a month.

After that we moved him to an extra large dog cage, the type that has two independent latches that you simply flipped up & over to open the door.

The first time I took Coonie down in the basement and put him in his new digs I came back upstairs and sat down on the couch. In less than 5 min's Coonie came running across the floor and jumped up in my lap, looking all proud of himself.

Ok, I went and hunted up some coated electrical wire about the dia. of 550 cord, which had enough copper strands in it to take a good set and not want to spring open.

Back down in the basement we went and this time I wrapped one of the latches shut, but only wrapped the wire about 1 1/2 turns. This time it was about 10 min's later when Coonie came running across the floor and jumped up in my lap, looking even more cocky.

The third time was the charm.
I wrapped the wire about 7 or 8 turns, this time real tight and fixed his little red wagon, getting my pride back in the process.