View Single Post

Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have a 340 M&P CT (with lock) and it is my go to carry gun. I'm not sure what I think about the CT grip. As far as the laser is concerned I could take it or leave it. I do love the way the grip covers the normally bare back strap though. If I had it to do again I might have bought the regular 340 and then bought an aftermarket grip that covers the back strap.

Some people consider these little guys BUGs but I think they're the perfect blend of power, reliability, and concealability. I've carried OWB, on my ankle, in my pocket, and under my arm in a 5-11 shirt and didn't hardly notice it with any method of carry.

I bought it thinking I'd shoot .357s from it (and I did for a while). Currently I carry it with Buffalo Bore's .38 Special (non +P) 158 grain LSWCHP rounds. I've tried their +P's and short barrel .357s and they're about the same. Their non +P round is about as stout as most manufactures +P stuff anyway. I can handle the gun with .357s, I just prefer the .38s for reasons that I will not go in to right now. I do agree that if you are never going to shoot .357s then one of the X42 models would be a more economical choice although I think they weigh a few ounces more.