View Single Post

Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 AM

Liked 25,774 Times in 8,710 Posts

I have shot both the Governor and the Judge within the last year. I have to say I am not impressed with either one! They are big, bulky, heavy, and hard to conceal. I truly don't understand why so many people buy them. If a shotgun is what they want, then they should get a shotgun which is much more potent, easier to shoot accurately, and probably less expensive. If you want a compact carry gun, there are many many revolvers and pistols better suited to CCW. IMHO the guns in question here try to be a "jack of all trades" and I don't think they accomplish anything really well.

Some of the adds I have seen for the Judge were with attractive slim woman carrying them - yea right! I would like to see how a 120 pound female can carry one of these suckers on her person all day long. I am not in favor of a woman (or anybody for that matter) carrying a firearm in a purse, pocket book, attache case, etc. Too easily misplaced, forgotten, stolen, left in a car or office, etc.

IMHO both of these revolvers are just kind of a marketing ploy to sell more guns. My feeling is that in a few years both the Judge and Governor will be ancient history. It will be interesting to see.

That is my personal opinion, but just the fact that S&W copied the Taurus Judge makes me believe many others disagree with me, which is what freedom is all about.

Chief38

Last edited by chief38; 01-16-2012 at 07:00 AM.