View Single Post

Old 01-16-2012, 11:19 AM

Liked 808 Times in 228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by one eye joe View Post
It ain't quite "malarky", ElectroMotive. The VAST majority of CCW combat occurs @ short distances (under 7 yards), and is over without a reload. I didn't make that up--I learned it from Massad Ayoob. While ANYTHING is possible, IMHO the chances of an ordinary citizen (not a gangbanger) facing "6 or more opponents" is far fetched. In over 50 years of shooting and reading about weapons and gunfights, and over 30 years of training people as an NRA Certified Instructor, I can't remember coming across even ONE such incident. (doesn't mean that there isn't one--BUT it is rare). In any event, I like your choices of ammo. I carry a 686+ and a 642 loaded with Speer 135gr Gold Dot +P, AND 12 additional rounds in 2 Bianchi Speed Strips everyday. Your "duty" in a hostile confrontation is governed by the laws of the jurisdiction wherein the incident occurs, and may depend upon such factors as the existence and extent of "the Castle Doctrine".
I concur.

Though it's becoming an all too common occurrence in police/bad guy(s) encounters, having to reload in a civilian setting is rare. That said, "better safe than sorry" is the adage of the day and I always carry two reloads and/or two handguns whenever I venture out.