View Single Post

Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM

Liked 599 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
I have shot both the Governor and the Judge within the last year. I have to say I am not impressed with either one! They are big, bulky, heavy, and hard to conceal. I truly don't understand why so many people buy them. If a shotgun is what they want, then they should get a shotgun which is much more potent, easier to shoot accurately, and probably less expensive. If you want a compact carry gun, there are many many revolvers and pistols better suited to CCW. IMHO the guns in question here try to be a "jack of all trades" and I don't think they accomplish anything really well.

Some of the adds I have seen for the Judge were with attractive slim woman carrying them - yea right! I would like to see how a 120 pound female can carry one of these suckers on her person all day long. I am not in favor of a woman (or anybody for that matter) carrying a firearm in a purse, pocket book, attache case, etc. Too easily misplaced, forgotten, stolen, left in a car or office, etc.

IMHO both of these revolvers are just kind of a marketing ploy to sell more guns. My feeling is that in a few years both the Judge and Governor will be ancient history. It will be interesting to see.

That is my personal opinion, but just the fact that S&W copied the Taurus Judge makes me believe many others disagree with me, which is what freedom is all about.

Chief38
Everything you say is true. Yet everyone who owns one of these revolvers loves them and it has been one of the hottest selling guns in the world. I don't understand it but I'm starting to want one. Somebody SLAP ME!