View Single Post

Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 8,689 Times in 2,312 Posts

I have shot a lot of different guns over the years from .22 auto target, 12 gauge slugs for deer, lots of different rifles including .50 cal machine guns... (155mm & 8" howitzers not included). As some have already posted.. for me it all depends on the gun and, usually comes down to "trigger pull and sights". I also agree with someone who said earlier in this post that there is a huge difference between double action vs single action shots for both revolvers and semi autos. When shooting most anything in single action my groupings will tighten up considerably. I took that "Baby Chief Spl" I just acquired last week and my S&W 500 to the range last night. At 25' I was just making the 1st hole bigger. When I switched and shot using double action my "groups" went to 6"plus. I have a Ruger SR9C that just happens to have a great "stock" trigger and I can shoot better groups than when using my S&W MP .45 auto. In fact I plan to do an Apex trigger job on my S&W 45. It's a great shooting gun but I like really smooth, light triggers. "Trigger and Sights" ...the rest is all me and how consistent I am or am not. Any way.. JMHO oh and a pic from lasts nights outing.."The long and Short of It"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The long and Short of It (1).jpg (176.5 KB, 73 views)
John 1:17
NRA Life Benefactor