View Single Post

Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Banned

Liked 109 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooman View Post
1 old 0311: That pinto looks terrific!

I just bought a 4", 19-3 last week. The only blueing wear is a little at the muzzle and a little bit on a couple spots on the cylinder..

I may end up sending mine to S&W for the pinto treatment.. Hope you don't despise a copycat!
S&W didn't list the 'pinto' on their refinishing services but they price royal blue, and nickel, the same, I sent a letter with the gun explaining EXACTLY what I wanted ROYAL BLUE, and what I wanted nickel plated. It came out to $257, shipped back. The same as either their Royal Blue, or nickel.
Sorry for the pictures, cheap camera, and no talent, but their Royal Blue is so deep, and polished so well, it almost looks like a clear coat on a high end European car. I am now thinking of having them do another only in the reverse 'pinto' style,blue cylinder, barrel, screws, and cylinder release with a nickel frame.
For those that say "They can't finish them like they used to" they are WRONG! S&W custom shop can do it but to do all their handguns to this quality would be cost prohibitive.