View Single Post

Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 PM

Liked 1,305 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fashioned Six Shooter View Post
While I agree that things of old were built with a much higher level of tender loving care than things built today, I feel that this statement is WAY over the top and does nothing productive to encourage new shooters to go out and purchase new guns and expand the shooting sports and firearms collecting hobby that we all enjoy. You do realize that Jerry Miculek shoots tens of thousands of rounds per year through his new production S&W revolvers don't you? The new guns are built to last and will last a lifetime with moderate care. Parts broke on the old guns just like they break on the new ones. I have old guns with good triggers and I have old ones with not so good triggers. The same goes for the new ones. I buddy of mine just bought an old Model 28 and I just bought a new 627. I honestly can't say that one trigger is any better than the other.
Plus 1 ,,, I have several S&W wheel guns. Some new, some old, some with IL some with out. I love the older one because of their fit, finish,the warm feeling you get from a nice older model, etc.
But my newer ones are nice too.
Some have had 100's and 100's of rounds thru them and they shoot GREAT.
And I also remember some of the bad old days , back in the 80's I think, when you would take off the side cover and find bits & pieces of metal in the action and the inside looked like it was carved out with an axe.
So new or old , If I wanted that model I would get it.
The only thing I don't like about the new S&W revolvers is the price.