View Single Post

Old 01-29-2012, 06:47 PM

Liked 90 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr7070 View Post
Actually, he didn't nail it at all.

Jerry's guns are not that heavily modified. None of the parts are swapped out to make it more reliable - to make it last longer.

The locks are removed for one big reason, and it's not the reason that most post about here, it's because removing the lock can help remove another ounce or two off the trigger pull, at most. And *unless* one reloads, uses fully seat Federal primers, removes the hammer spur, etc. removing the lock really doesn't even matter.

See my previous post about this. Jerry's revolvers are not that different than the one's we buy and shoot. The big difference is the trigger job, grips and sights, and that's mostly it.
Well like most comments on the internet, you take them with a grain of salt. In this case I really don't know if you know sure what you are saying is true, like many other comments by others. But as anything else I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Fact is the lock is out, so he will never know to have to worry about it locking up in competition, or know if it could in at unforseen time. On the other hand , I am going to guess he is running at required power factors for the event he is in, not shooting full house .357 in his 627, nor high power defensive rounds in any other guns he may take the locks out of. This is where many of the supposed locks went bad with high powered rounds, many in lightweight type frames.

I think the point was also he does it as a rep for S&W and yet others send there guns in for issues at S&W and get chastised if the lock is not there.

I only own one lock gun, recently bought 2 new in box older models without locks. The lock is just stupid and annoys many. I don't like it, but if I found something I had to have I would buy with the lock, then decide what to do with the lock.

As fas as MIM goes, I have read enough that tells me MIM is fine when done right, and have been told by several well known gunsmiths that MIM is fine and makes for a nice trigger job. So those worried about MIM, should be worried about Obama or something else.

Just sayin!