Thread: THE NEW 586
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Liked 895 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine49guy View Post

Ever notice they usually either shoot a picture from the right side or angle the gun so you cant see the lock hole?
Makes me wonder why if they know we dont like the lock why continue to add it?
My comment was that I dont see the harm if the factory allowed us to special order any model without the lock for the same price.
Just pull batches of frames before they are drilled for the lock hole and finish them leaving out the IL parts.

They know customers are avoiding their product because of it.
Allowing us to special order without the IL would increase sales and satisfy the customers,

If its a liability thing simply have the consumer fill out a waiver.
Its a Win Win for S&W and the consumer.
Maybe start with the Performance center guns.
Waiver?? Get serious, no waiver has EVER prevented ambulance chasing liability lawyers from extorting money from the innocent. Hold harmless paperwork is the same way, the lawyers still find some way to get someone else to pay for the ignorance or mistakes of their clients.

S&W knows quite well that the ILS isn't popular and they haven't really changed their policy. So...don't like the lock, don't buy one with it and you give up a nice selection of guns that have the lock.

On to the original subject, if the picture is representative, the gun has very nice grips. Don