View Single Post

Old 02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,693 Times in 530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb View Post
like anything mechanical...things happen...yes..to those wonderful plastic glocks as well...three police agencies in this area have discontinued those glocks...why?to many mechanical failures!before you sound so oppressed about sending your s&w in for repair...why not give them a chance?
Not "oppressed", just disappointed... Very disappointed.

I was carrying this revolver only hours prior and when I function check it after cleaning, the action grinds to a halt. This isn't a malfunction I could fix and get back into action if needed. This malfunction turned the gun into an aluminum and plastic paper weight (albeit a light one).

I will likely keep this revolver out of the carry lineup for quite a while. Maybe after many successful rounds I'll have faith in it again... Maybe, but I doubt it. It went from "smooth as butter" to STOP with no build up or warning. I guess it goes to show the "always reliable" revolver isn't quite 100% these days.

Yes I'll give S&W a chance to make this right and I'm sure they will get the repaired gun back to me in short order. At least that is the bare minimum I expect at this point. In reality, I expected a better product from S&W in the first place. Hopefully their customer service and repair shop works better than this revolver.

Not to make this a S&W/Glock, revolver/auto, apples/oranges debate, but since it was brought up I'll retort. Reference the Glock, yes anything can fail and there will always be antidotal stories discussing malfunctions of any make/model of firearm you can name. I'm not the Glock soapbox guy, but since it was brought up I'll give my experiences.

I've owned Gen2, Gen3, and Gen4 Glocks starting in the mid 1990s through today with thousands of rounds fired down range and I have never had one glitch. None...

I guess some would say my S&W revolvers have only had one more malfunction than that experienced by my Glocks. Numerically that is true, but depending on the circumstances that one malfunction could be extremely significant with dire consequences.

Edmo