View Single Post

Old 02-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Banned

Liked 25 Times in 11 Posts

Years ago, my preference for revolvers was supported by the notion that semi auto pistols were a little more likely to have feeding and/or ejection problems.

Lately, and by that I mean in the past 25 years or so, I have come to realize that semi autos are a lot more dependable than they once were. Also during the past 60 years of shooting revolvers, I have had more than a few failures of various kinds that would have..in a gun fight..rendered it useless.

They say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but as far as this old dog is concerned, about the only advantage that the revolver has..now-a-days..is that you don't have to search around in the grass looking for the brass.

I am currently carrying a EAA Witness in .40 S&W caliber for CC. I can buy brass cheap enough that I don't worry much about losing it.

I am somewhat concerned with magazines being loaded for months at a time, but I have been told that that is no problem either....I am currently doing research to see if that is true.