View Single Post

Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 PM

Liked 6,299 Times in 2,337 Posts

I have one .45 ACP revolver... a 625-2 which I bought in 2009. Being ignorant... I let it sit in the case at the LGS for a while. It sat there along with a 625-4... and then I got some sense and bought the 625-2. With plain Jane Winchester 230 gr. FMJ ammo it will keep 50 shots inside of 4 inches at 25 long steps. At 40 long steps it will routinely hit a 6 inch aiming square on a rifle type sight-in target. It handles the WOLF steel cased ammo just as well as standard brass cased ammo, which for me is a real advantage as the WOLF is about $25/100 while the Winchester is $36/100. When I'm out in the woods/fields walking and plinking, being able to let the casing hit the ground is for me an advantage. I must say that even for a S&W, this revolver demonstrates a most remarkable SA and DA trigger. I've never had to adjust the sights because from the first round POA was POI at my normal shooting distances, i.e., 7-25 yds. I am not supremely thrilled with the Hogue grips that came on it. But they fit my hand well and give me very good results at the range. Currently the Hogues are on the revolver. But I suspect that down the road I'll be looking at a pair of Elk horn grips... white w/ no "bark." I figure that will look real nice. Here is a link to some pictures: S&W 625-2 - a set on Flickr