View Single Post

Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned

Liked 1,451 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroMotive View Post
No, they arent. Physics being what it is, you cant get a 12 gauge loaded with your choice of shot or slug to knock a man down, therefore you wont get a pistol round to do it either. Therefore "knock down power" is inherently false, and thus fantasy.

So what are you arguing for and against?

There is no difference between service calibers in "knock down power" because "knock down power" doesnt exist. Its a term of ignorance, nothing more. Other terms that can thrown in with it are "energy dump", "stopping power", "one-shot stops",
"hydraulic shock", "hydrostatic shock", etc.

The term used by informed people is "terminal performance". As in "Hey Bob, Bullet A's terminal performance closely mirrors Bullet B's terminal performance." Terminal performance deals in what the bullet actually did in the target, not what the person thinks it will do or believes it will do.
I think I quite clearly said "knock-down power" was a misnomer, maybe you missed it. By "informed people", I guess we are to assume you are an "informed expert." Everyone else got the point. You apparently are looking to either prove something or create conflict. Pass, I'm not engaging in your who's Johnson is bigger debate. Hope you carry a .22, please inform me how that works out for you in about a decade.

Last edited by StatesRightist; 02-06-2012 at 08:33 PM.