View Single Post

Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM

Liked 3,889 Times in 1,361 Posts

Oddly enough, the other side of the revolver is actually pristine. As are the mechanics. The spotting and wear is probably from sweat getting on it - a common problem in hot climates. It was shot very little so the mechanics are still tight.

I have quite a few older guns. My favorite 1911 was made in 1978, when I would have been four. It's somewhat sarcastically that I relate the "get a Glock" comments locally - I've had six or so of them over the years - 23, 2 x27s, 26, 32, 34 - and never seem to retain one.

I take care of the Colt I have, but it's blue finish seems destined to suffer down here too. But I'll eventually "fix" it (and destroy any collector value, but eh) with a refinish of some sort.

I'm reluctant to do that to the 19-3. And it was a revolver that I'd wanted for a while, on and off, since I was in college. Well not this particular one, but one like it. And I should enjoy it. But I don't. And it bothers me that I don't on some level. (Rather like years ago when I was engaged to a film studies student, and I honestly maintained that I didn't like Citizen Kane or the Godfather films, despite feeling like I was supposed to.)

I carried a Ruger stainless Six Series (I honestly forget what it was since it was simply a utilitarian item) snub before I left MI. It was oddly enjoyable to shoot, loud but controllable and for some reason everyone seeing it thought it was some sort of mini cannon.