View Single Post

Old 02-10-2012, 09:06 PM

Liked 335 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbolt View Post
Oh, I've expressed my desire to see some limited 3rd gen guns brought back, and some further changes while they're at it. I'd like to see an all-stainless 3913, which would probably be a 3916, I suppose. No accessory rail, either.

How about a scandium 3913TSW, while they're at it? Might as well maximize the strength of the alloy frame and wring the maximum inherent accuracy out of it by using the box-type rails and the slightly delayed unlocking.

The CS9 & CS45 need to come back around, again, too. Unless they've a rabbit up their sleeve in the form or a slimmer, really short single column 9 & .45 in the M&P lineup, there isn't anything being offered that "replaces" them.

How about another 4506 (I think a 4506-3 variation is the most current they made in limited numbers for LAPD officers), or a 4503? Might as well make it a 5" gun, and try an alloy frame in the 5" version to lighten things up a bit. If I had to carrya 3rd gen S&W .45 again, and I had a choice between a 4.25" 4566TSW or a 4503, I'd opt for the lightweight 5" model to gain the longer barrel and yet a lighter gun than the original 4506. Then again, might as well up the cost of materials and make it a Scandium aluminum frame, while we're at it ...

Maybe if they ran the standard TSW "tapes" for some PC releases (not as tightly toleranced as the PC versions, and lacking the spherical bushing, limited in short production runs and obviously pricier, of course ... but everyone here wouldn't balk at springing for a NIB 3rd gen TSW for $1200-$1500, right?

Personally, I'd not like to see them bring back the lesser refined & less well finished budget models (the Value Line, and then the American Heritage line for a short time). Might as well make it worth the effort, since it's really only the enthusiasts that would probably buy them, anyway.
Fastbolt,I'd like to see them ALL come back. It's definetely time for a change for the better.

I've owned a 4506 that was an absolute tack driver,but would love to have a 4566 in even the plain "untactical" version.It would probably be the last pistol I would buy.
The Following User Likes This Post: