View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 PM

Liked 6,257 Times in 2,328 Posts

It's been a long day. At the first service, it was 37 outside and 44 inside... at the electric heater. Ten feet away... it was probably 37... maybe 38. At the next church the heater had been turned on last night set for 70. This morning at 9 a.m. it was only 57 in the sanctuary. However, by the time I got back for the second service, it was a balmy 68. As soon as I locked up, I grabbed a piece of pecan pie and a cup of coffee and headed for the gunshow. 70 miles later I was there! And that cute little 4" 28 was still there. And... that nice dealer and I had a chat. I traded him a 6" 28-2 and $50 for the 4" 28-2... and then I ran by the Dairy Queen and got a large malt and headed home. Got home just in time to drop everything in the den and get to the church for the Valentines Banquet. I walked in the house a little after 9 p.m. I never had time to even stop and read the above responses and sincerely apologize. I was on a tight string time wise. Tomorrow I will take pictures of the 4" 28 and as soon as my wife gets home from work, I'll get the pictures up at the photo hosting site. Suffice it to say that for the present I am very pleased with this revolver. It's serial number is N549,XXX. It has the small service type stocks which are a nice dark walnut very well fitted to the grip. A prior owner put some sort of red paint/fingernail polish on the front ramp sight so tomorrow morning I will find my wife's fingernail polish remover and remove whatever it is on the front sight. I am very pleased with this revolver. It just feels good in my hand. It has a typical crisp S&W single-action. And the double-action is simply marvelous. It locks before the hammer breaks yet without making the pull overly heavy. And... no one has unscrewed the strain screw or anything. In fact, none of the screws show any sign of having ever been fiddled with. I've had a number of 6" 28's... and they were all fun to shoot. But I've wanted a nice 4" for a while, and it seemed every time I saw one I never had any money so I'd have to just let it go. This time I just decided to get off the fence. I kept one of the 6" 28's and traded the other off. If I had had any money to work with, I probably would have not done a trade. But, I've had a little more time to think about it and I've decided I like the way things worked out. Now I need to start looking for a nice holster as this revolver is definitely going to be going places with me... like the woods and fields! Sincerely. brucev.