View Single Post

Old 02-15-2012, 05:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 194 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by old bear View Post
Of all the different branches of the military the Air Force is closest to civilian life. After basic training and any tech schools there WAS very little marching, camping out and all that silly stuff the normal military folks do. You show up on time do your job and go home at the end of the day an enjoy life. All of the aforementioned was based on my State Side experiences in the late 60's - early 70's.
Yes. When I was in, we addressed everyone in our shop by their first names. I would show up, take off my fatigue shirt and spend the next eight hours with my t-shirt on. I considered that my work uniform.

Occasionally, we had to do military stuff, but most of the time was spent keeping the airplanes flying. In other branches I'm told, people would be chastised for having their hands in their pockets. We were told to keep our hands in our pockets, particularly when working on live circuits. It helped prevent electrical shocks.

At my level, politics were minimal. If a person worked hard, used initiative and their imagination to get difficult problems corrected, they were generally left alone.

Last edited by Babalooie; 02-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: