View Single Post

Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM

Liked 335 Times in 182 Posts

OK,it's confession time. I post here under my real name and will do so if I ever join another forum.However,I have been on other forums for quite some time under the moniker of DocH.
Throughout the first 20 years of my police career I actually supplemented my income with poker skills. I was not a card shark,and of course did not do any cheating,but simply had the knowledge of the game,and the ability to read people well.
I played with some very wealthy men,and did so out of town. They are the ones who nicknamed me "Doc",referencing
Doc Holliday,of course.
I actually folded my hand on several occasions to avoid being the big winner,in order to avoid the possibility of people eventually not wanting to play with me.
I no longer do that,and I was associated with very decent people in the games,and there was never any danger of a fight or gunfight ,or anything even remotely resembling one.
Of course,all my winnings were well spent providing for my family(I had seven children,and I'm not even Catholic)
and enjoying life. I am now content to be retired and stay home most of the time,spend quality time with my wife,and shoot guns out on the back of the property.