View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 310Pilot View Post
I'd bet your extractor spring is worn out, and changing out the recoil spring for a new one would probably help. Wollf makes them, only a few bucks. Midway has a Wollf extra power extractor spring, ejector spring and recoil spring (factory weight) kit, you have to use their search function to find it, put in s&w 39 extractor spring. That will probably cure the problem. I believe Wollf also makes magazine springs. The original mag followers work well, too. Hope this helps.
+1 on the extractor spring. Just yesterday I finally sorted out my39-2 that had the exact same issue as yours. I tried new Wolff mag spring(s) and recoil spring, and separately or collectively it exacerbated the issue, turning it into a FTE and FTF.

When Numrich shipped me the wrong part for the new extractor, I decided to try changing out the ejector spring and deep cleaning the ejector. Literally took about 30 minutes to do. Went to the range and ran over 150 rounds of all types with not a single issue. Was the extractor spring all along, go figure. I guess I'll just hang on to the new extractor, spring and pin for future.

I was so hesitant to try it myself until I talked with a collector of 39-2's and he explained that it is really easy to do. Glad I listened to him. Good luck and let us know how it works out.