View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM

Liked 404 Times in 242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyeopn View Post
crracer, here in SW Kansas I can take you down the road and show you elk almost any time. I know where there are a couple of small herds ranging but I don't feel we have enough to hunt yet. I do believe that in Kansas you should be required to take a doe before you are allowed to take a buck. We have way to many does and the out of state hunters with the big bucks have way too much ground leased out for hunting and are only looking for bucks!
Most of my family has some land in the country in SE Kansas, be it aunts/unlces, cousnins or whatever. We have one cousin that's constantly broke and likes to lease to or provide hunts for those rich out of state guys. He gets all kinds of pissy when the rest of us don't let him hunt on our land.

I've been to the Gunnison area of Colorado to Elk hunk, have Pheasant hunt out west (you guys have some really big deer out there!). Glad to hear there are Elk out there, I hope they can manage it right. Around here, Deer and Turkey are more common than Squirrels. I have counted as many as 32 deer on my place, two different heards. I've never shot one on my place, lol, I have not idea why.