View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 PM

Liked 205 Times in 60 Posts

I talked to a seller at the last Fond du Lac gun show that had some nice old S&W revolvers for sale. His complaint was no one is looking at revolvers anymore. I really wanted to tell him that if he lowered his prices people may start looking more. He had a really nice Mdl 14 dated 1950 that he was asking $675 for. Another dealer has a 586 4" that he was asking $650 for. He has had this gun at all the FDL and Oshkosh shows for 2 years now and wont lower his price. On the other hand Cabela's in Richfield offered me $250 for a like new 6" mod 19-3 TTT in the original box. I wanted to do a trade for an Anschutz rifle they had. The only good deal I got in the last couple of years was pre 14 for $375 and one day at a local dealer a guy came in wanting to sell a 14 and a 15 for $300 each. The owner handed the guns to me while I was filling out paper work on a gun I just did a transfer on. I took both of them. I did pay way to much for a mint 4" model 48 only because it was the first one I found in two years of looking. Lots of 6 and 8 3/8 inchers but no 4"
I have all of the S&W models that I want so I guess that is a good thing. I am still looking to get a Ruger 3 screw flat top 44mag in 6 1/2 inch. Best I can find is going for $950 on GB

Ted