View Single Post

Old 02-19-2012, 12:46 AM

Liked 469 Times in 278 Posts

When I was a "kid" and rad my dads hunting magazines I read the S&W add that described the 6" Mod 19 as the best all round revolver.
38 wadcutters for target and practice, 38 Specials for defense, and 357 Mags for hunting. I knew some day i would have one...

However my first rifle was a Ruger Deerstalker in 44 Mag. My first revolver a Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag, my first S&W revolver a 6 1/2" Mod 29...

So I just never became a 357 Mag kind of guy...

I did use a 6" Mod 14, with a Bomar Rib as my PPC gun. This stock barreled shot as good,and better than any of the other Custom Bull Barreled PPC guns I ever shot. And I shot most of the best guns of the day...

However, I needed a short barreled revolver for "Snub Nosed" matches.

So I bought a 2 1/2" Mod 19. Again I must have been lucky as this short Mod 19 shot as good at 25 yards as any 6" Custom PPC gun I ever fired.

I won many a Snub Nosed Match with it. I did the action job myself.

I even carried it on some plainclothes assignments. It was 100% reliable with full power 357 Mag ammo and very accurate.

I must say it is my most favorite K frame.

However I am an N frame S&W kind of guy, in calibres of 44 Mag and 45 ACP, and I make no apologies for it...
But I still have a soft spot in my heart for a 2 1/2" Mod 19...

If I WAS, a 357 Mag kind of guy, I would have a whole "fleet" of 2 1/2" Mod 19's... And a few 4" and 6" ones as well, with a few Mod 66's thrown in too...
The Following User Likes This Post: