View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 AM

Liked 6,299 Times in 2,337 Posts

My favorite K-Frame revolver is a toss up. My pride and joy is the 4" .22LR 18-2 that I bought at a gun show in Albany, GA about 2000. I sold a decent Yugoslavian 24/47 and a bayonet to get the cash. At the time, I paid to much... $325, but I am so thankful I spent the money. It was and remains about 98% condition. And it shoots like a houseafire! If there is any uncertainty about this being my favorite K-Frame, it is only because earlier this year I found a bought a 4" 15-3 (ca. 1969). Only a tiny bit of corrosion on the barrel keeps it from being 100%. I got it and a RIA 1911 in a trade for a Glock 22. I was pleased. The 15-3 is beautifully fitted and finished. It showed no signs of ever being fired. I took care of that! Together these two revolvers are ideally matched. Put them down side by side and you can't tell them apart except for the bore size. I am so very thankful to have the privilege of owning and using these revolvers. I do suppose the 18 is my favorite, but it's a hard choice.