View Single Post

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tork'd View Post
thanx Tango and thanx 45Wheelgun...
new to the ar platform and have been looking hard at the sport.
currently have a 15/22 that the wife loves and i wanted to step up to the sport. we live with-in 20 miles of about 4 firearm manufacturers and opinions run high and hot around here. so crossing over to s&w, it will need to be a solid unit to shut the boys up...
we now feel we have good info to make the jump. and knowing by being here, we are in great company sure helps
thanx again don
Unfortunately, it will not "shut the boys up". In the eyes of the high end AR crowd, the Sport is not acceptable. Doesn't matter that you got a solid rifle and that you will only shoot 1000 rounds a year at a range, so the Sport is a good value and will meet your needs. If it is not a Colt, Noveske, Daniel Defense, Bravo Company, etc., it is not acceptable to some folks. You will hear that it doesn't have forward assist, it doesn't have the dust cover, it isn't mil-spec, it is cheap, it isn't built to standards the way it should be, and you can't depend on it to protect your life, blah blah blah.

If you are looking for a rifle that meets the same specs as those rifles and want to be able to tout it as the same, this isn't the rifle for you.

If you are looking for a solid rifle, built for the range shooter and not the war fighter, from a reputable company at a fair price that represents a tremendous value, then this is a good rifle for you. I have given up on arguing my points that it meets my needs and offers more value than a Colt or other higher cost rifles for me. I do not think this rifle is equal to those rifles, but the "mil-spec" and "features" will not benefit me for my intended uses, so no reason to pay for them.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: