View Single Post

Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM

Liked 2,270 Times in 1,273 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
I don't recall anyone (on this forum) saying that the Sport was a "****** AR", and even though I don't own that specific model, I *do* own a MOE and a 15-22, as well as a AR-15 I built myself.

People that claim it's a lesser rifle can't cite a specific reason why it's "inferior", other than the fact that it doesn't say "My Super Bitchin' Custom Rifle" on the lower. If that's the standard by which they appraise a given rifle's quality, I think it's just a matter of them forgetting that they too were once a first-time AR owner.

I suspect that a number of current Sport owners will eventually get the bug to build their own rifles, and when they do, they'll probably get a non-sporterized upper, along with all the other doo-dads that make an AR-15 a more personalized weapon. If they're like me, they'll keep their S&W rifle and modify it as well. At present, the only thing left on mine that was original is the barrel and handguard, and those will soon be on the chopping block. In fact, I was considering just building a whole new upper for it so I can keeping shooting the rifle until the new upper is finished.

Ignore the nay-sayers, buy what you can afford, and if you find the money to upgrade it, have at it.
So the only things left on your moe are the barrel and handguard and those soon will be on the chopping block...well can you send me the box of all the parts so I can put it back together and have an MOE to go with my Sport?? and the emoticon does make me right!!!