View Single Post

Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsurvivaldude View Post
Thanks guys, yea I've read the few posts that I found and so far seems that it's mostly a hit or miss. I want to try it but not if there are more CON's then PRO's. I originally was going to purchase the 9mm, but saw the post about the conversion drop in, and thought "Hey, that's a pretty slick idea, drop the 9mm barrel in and use it at the range."

So I just wanted to get people's opinions and personal experience from this.

Does anyone know if 9mm is more available then .40? I'm a gun noob so please excuse the questions if they seem in-experienced. This would be my first handgun purchase and ownership. I wanted to get the 9mm because ammo is cheaper and what i gather more available. I also like the size increase of the .40 over the 9mm plus you only lose 2 rounds going from 9mm to .40.
You can just buy the 40 cal and then purchase the drop in barrel in 9mm everything functions fine, and yes get 9mm mags so you don't risk feed problems being you can put 9mm in 40 cal mags but once again you risk feed problems, but I wished I could buy the barrels directly from S&W for the conversion as opposed to a 3rd party company.
The Following User Likes This Post: