View Single Post

Old 02-24-2012, 06:40 PM

Liked 993 Times in 221 Posts
Default picked up an odd model 60 today

I got this off of GB, so some of you may have seen it. It is a 60-3 with a 3" barrel and a RB grip. I already have one of the SB 30-3s but was wondering if anyone knows the origins of this gun. It has a bead blasted finish like the Lady Smiths but it has a factory bobbed DA only hammer with a wide trigger like my 640. The S/N is odd also, it almost looks like it was hand stamped. The numbers and letters aren't uniform in depth and don't line up real well. The S/N prefix is BDW so it isn't too far from my other 60-3, which is BBE. I guess, just curious if these were a special run for someone.

When I saw it on GB I figured someone just cut the hammer spur off. I did'nt really care, because I picked up a used flash chromed M60 hammer/trigger set at a show a couple years ago for just such an emergency. When I got the gun, I saw that the factory chrome covers the nub on the hammer, so I think I will leave it. It will get a wolf spring kit at some point, but for now I'm verry happy with the latest addition to my J frame .38 spl ensemble.----60-4, 60-3, 60-3, 640 & 37-2